Utah Residential Lease Agreement
The Utah residential lease agreement is written following all State laws (Title 57) and authorize a landlord and tenant to come to terms with a contract over the use of livable space. The standard process for a tenant to be signed to a legally binding document usually starts with the following;
- Potential lessee finds the space they have interest and negotiate the monthly payment (verbally) with the lessor.
- The lessor accepts all individual(s) credit, employment, and background information through the rental application to ensure that their financially capable to make the payment on-time.
- Once approved, the lease is signed along with the security deposit (if any) is given to the landlord. Keys and all access to the premises will be given to the tenant upon the commencement date.
- Non-refundable Fees – All fees must be listed in the agreement.
- Lead-Paint – For any residence built prior to 1978.