Maine Month-to-Month Lease Agreement
The Maine month to month rental agreement, or tenancy at will, is defined as a legal contract does not have a stated length of time but renews with payment and may be cancelled at anytime with notice*. The landlord will typically take the same precautions as a standard tenant due to the eviction laws being the same for all types of residential lessees and therefore request a rental application. Once complete, the landlord will make a decision on approval/disapproval.
Title 14, §6002 – A landlord or tenant may cancel the agreement with at least thirty (30) days with written notice.
- BedBug – Only to be handed out if the unit, or any adjacent, are infected or being treated for bedbugs.
- Energy Efficiency – Required
- Lead-Based Paint – For use with any rental arrangement where the residential structure was built prior to 1978.
- Radon – The landlord hand-out the test results and the dates of the last test on the property.
- Smoking Policy – The landlord must inform the tenant of the smoking rules on the premises.